Adesola Sotande-Peters is a seasoned Finance professional with over 23 years of experience, she has worked with notable companies such as the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) UK, Informa Group UK, Openwave Telecoms UK, Sakura Bank London Diageo Plc, and Unilever Nigeria Plc.
In 1995, Adesola was awarded her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics from The American International University in London (Richmond College). She also holds an MBA for finance professionals from Manchester Business School.
In 2015, Adesola was appointed the Chief financial officer (CFO) of Unilever Ghana and Nigeria (the first Nigerian to be the CFO of Unilever Nigeria in almost a century). She also leads the Controls agenda in Africa. She is saddled with the responsibility of proactively providing strategic finance leadership to ensure optimal allocation of the company’s resources in the planning and execution of the business strategy to create and maximise shareholders value across both businesses. This requires her to lead the entire controls and Governance Agenda for Unilever Africa.
Adesola played a pivotal role in driving business growth and value creation in Ghana-Nigeria during a period of very challenging conditions. This had a significant impact beyond her core functional responsibility. In 2018, Adesola was promoted to her current role as Vice President Finance, Ghana and Nigeria and Africa Controls.
Adesola holds the following positions with different professional bodies in Nigeria and abroad.
- Fellow, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (FCCA),
- Fellow, WIMBOARD Institute, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN),
- Member, Institute of Directors (IOD) and the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRN).
Adesola serves on the Boards of the following companies in different capacities:
- Non-executive director at Lonadek Inc., a company that is committed to developing capacity, capability and competence across various sectors of the country.
- Chairman at WELEAD (Women Empowered for Leadership Advancement and Development), a non-profit organization with a vision to raise performance driven women to Lead, Engage and Impact growth.
- Advisory board member at WimBoard, an offshoot of Wimbiz, which is committed to supporting women to achieve their full potential and making significant contribution to national development
- Advisory board member at WiM Africa, an NGO that inspires women to grow, learn, share and inspire each other for the growth of the manufacturing sector and to promote female participation in manufacturing.
Adesola is a recipient of the 2017 CFO Awards as the CFO of the year- FMCG Category. She is very passionate about mentoring young people especially on their choice of career and channeling their energy in the right direction. She is married and has two children.